Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Safety Pin Tip



I have taken a lot of craft classes over the years, and I appreciate the teachers or other students sharing craft tips that are really helpful.  One of my favorite from a quilting class is about safety pins, used to hold the layers of quilt front, batting and backing together.  There are many ways to hold the layers together, but I like to use safety pins.  I found, though, that it is a hassle to open the pins and close them each time I put them away so they don’t get in a tangled mess.  I learned a trick! You just pick up a pin, which is connected to several other pins in a knot, and drop them from a few inches above your surface.  They come untangled! Sometimes you may need to drop a small bunch a second time if they are still tangled.  I am so happy to report that now I put the open safely pins in the container when I am done with them, and don’t worry about possible messes, because I know that I can untangle them in a heartbeat. It saves much time, which is important to me, since I always have so many projects I want to finish. Happy crafting!

~Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment